It’s time for another delicious Disney recipe! And this one is seriously a MUST-TRY for any cheese addicts out there.
[dfb-restaurant id=”46″ align=”right”]
When it comes to Eating Around the World, an awesome family destination is the Germany Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. Their Biergarten Restaurant will trick you into thinking you’ve hopped a plane for Bavaria.
One of my favorite dishes on the Biergarten buffet is the amazing Nudel Gratin. This is one of the best versions of macaroni and cheese that I’ve ever tasted in my life.
So when it popped up on the Sommerfest menu, we had to try it.
But even better — now, I can make it between trips to Walt Disney World, thanks to this recipe! I know what we’re having for dinner tonight! 🙂
Sommerfest and Biergarten Nudel Gratin
Serves 8 to 10
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground white pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
3. Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer.
5. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.
Will you be cooking up Nudel Gratin to celebrate the cooler Fall temps? Leave a comment and let us know when you’ll be making this yummo dish!
(Recipe courtesy Disney Parks Blog.)