Lots of big news this week, but the two biggest items included two new dining options coming to Disney World…and one being taken away!
For those of you who are Star Wars fans, we know you’ve been dreaming about dining in a Star Wars themed restaurant for years! Well, we don’t have the cantina for you…yet…but you CAN dine with your favorite Star Wars characters! Read about it here!
And Kouzzina fans need to get back to that restaurant ASAP, as it will be closing on September 30th to make way for a different dining experience.
Click on the links below for more food news from Disney!
Disney Food News
- Our favorite Disney World dessert — ‘Ohana bread pudding — is now available at Tambu Lounge in Disney World’s Polynesian Resort!
- Check out the photos from Epcot’s First Sparkling IllumiNations Dessert Party.
- Disney World’s Kouzzina by Cat Cora will be closing September 30, 2014.
- We have news of a fun new event for Vera Bradley fans — the Perfect Petals Brunch at Epcot.
- For a limited time during 2014 Star Wars Weekends at Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars themed meals will be offered at Hollywood & Vine for dinner and Sci-Fi Dine In for breakfast.
- We tried Corn Nuggets dusted with powdered sugar at Golden Oak Outpost in Disney’s Magic Kingdom!
- Aquarium at T-Rex Cafe in Disney World’s Downtown Disney bursts open.
- We checked out everything new all over Disney World, including Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, updates, and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Our readers continue to amaze us with their food photos. Jennifer tweeted “Thanks so much for your blog & tips to make my vacation better. The boozy dole whip helped too!” Great shot of spiked Dole Whip!!
We can’t wait to see what our readers share with us next!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book Deal
The fully updated DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 450 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
It’s guaranteed to help you navigate your way to delicious dining on your next trip! And if you’re ready to get yours now, head on over to DFBGuide.com to pick it up!!
For our Grand Launch Sale, use code: 2014 to get a $4 discount for a limited time! And at the end of this post, we have details on even more savings!
Here Are Just Some Of What You Get With Our 2014 Guide:
- Over 450 Pages of Disney Dining and Planning information, tips, reviews, and recommendations!
- An in-depth Disney Dining Restaurant Reviews section, covering all Disney restaurants, food kiosks, bars, and lounges
- An updated Disney Dining Plan section and price analysis for 2014
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- An updated Disney Snacks chapter, including our list of dozens of must-try snacks AND our Top 11 Must-Have Snacks for 2014.
- An updated section on birthday parties and specialty cakes in Disney World
- A comprehensive, 10-page chapter of What’s New in Disney World in 2014, including new restaurants, menu updates, and more
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ will affect your vacation planning
- Our picks for the 11 Great Snacks you must try this year
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates
- Bingo Cards
- Updates on all pertinent facts such as dining hours, prices, resources, phone numbers, and restaurant closures/openings
- All new restaurant additions, closures, refurbishments, and added dining experiences
- And much more!
But, of course we’re offering a discount for our Grand Launch week!! Again, to celebrate the launch and to thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $4 off its standard rate for a limited time! Order your copy now at DFBGuide.com and use code: 2014 for your discount!
If you purchased the 2013 Guide and would like to purchase the 2014 Guide, we’ve got a special discount for repeat purchasers. Email me here to get a limited-time, one-use, exclusive discount code to purchase the 2014 Guide at a $6 discount. Please include the email address you used to purchase the 2013 Guide in the body of your email.
For more detailed information and screen shots from the e-Book, head over to DFBGuide.com! With a 100% money-back guarantee, you have nothing to lose! 🙂
Thanks for your support of the DFB!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix highlights an adorable, ceramic Orange Bird figure! If you love Citrus Swirls (yes, I do!!), this merch is a must!
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups showcases the story behind Dinosaur Gertie’s in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
AllEars highlights the best take-home foods from Walt Disney World.
Eating (and Drinking) Around the World dines aboard the Disney Dream.
USA TODAY features best Orlando restaurants for foodies!
MousePlanet announces the end of breakfast at Flo’s V8 Cafe at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure.