It’s not often that food news from one single park completely dominates the landscape. But that’s exactly what we’ve witnessed this week with Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and it looks like it will continue into this upcoming week!
We’ve been there to cover it all, but there’s been plenty happening on other fronts as well.
Let’s take a look at all the Disney Food News from this week!
Disney Food News
- We share our review of the Blue Milk Milkshake at 50s Prime Time Cafe. And we find out that it may stick around (through the magic of rebranding!) as Star Wars Weekends give way to Frozen Fever at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Zuri’s Sweets Shop is set to open next week in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and we have a sneak peek at the new Harambe Market shop.
- More details emerge about The Edison, a new restaurant opening in Disney Springs in 2016, and Vivoli Gelateria is now open for business in Disney Springs.
- The Tree of Life Cupcake debuts at Kusafiri Bakery.
- We bring you news and reviews of a brand new menu (including two new pasta dishes) at the Beastly Kiosk in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have more news for you from the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, as we share the menu for the Tequila Pairing Lunches, that will take place in the Mexico Pavilion.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events,
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Today, we’re featuring fun finds from Hawaii — with a Disney twist!
Reader Wendy shared this photo and review of the Lilikoi Cheesecake at Ulu Cafe in Disney’s Aulani Resort via the DFB Mailbag. She says, “The sweet, creamy mango cheesecake and the tangy lilikoi (passion fruit) glaze blended well together! This dessert far surpasses all other ‘premade desserts in a cup’!”
Kanani Ashley shared this great pic of a Self Serve Dole Whip Station in a brand new drugstore that just opened in Hawaii! AAAAAH!!! Who wants one of these at home??
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 2015-2016 Disney World Vacation Must-Have E-Book Sale!
Getting ready to head out for that much-anticipated Walt Disney World Trip? Woohoo!! That’s the best feeling ever, isn’t it?
But, whether you like to be spontaneous or plan every detail, planning ahead is the key to less stress when it comes to Walt Disney World. And planning is even more important when it comes to dining.
If you really want to dine in the hottest restaurants, you pretty much have to plan ahead. Be spontaneous, of course. But get a couple Advance Dining Reservations in place.
But which ones?
That’s where Disney Food Blog comes in, because we are all about the planning!!
You already enjoy our reviews, news, and tips daily on our Blog. But did you know — that’s JUST the tip of the iceberg. Because we have lots more to share with you in our complete line of DFB Guides.
If you’re ready for a fun, easy way to personalize eating and drinking your way through Disney, then check out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book.
Fully updated for your 2015-2016 adventures, the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 490 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subject — Eating Your Way Through Disney! So you save time and money as you enjoy planning one of the most important parts of your trip. 😉
And to thank all of you for your support of DFB, we are offering extra savings on our most popular DFB Guide right now. Just enter promo code 2015 at checkout and you’ll save $4 off of our cover price of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2015 e-Book!
But if you’d like to enjoy even more detail, check out another great offer.
DFB Everything Bundle SALE!
If you’d like even more great information, pictures, and tips, then the DFB Everything Bundle is the right fit for you.
And to get you ready for that next big trip, we are offering the DFB Everything Bundle for $15 off the already low price! It’s like getting an entire book for free. Just enter promo code Everything15 at checkout to take advantage of this offer.
The Everything Bundle includes, well, Everything! When you purchase this special bundle of DFB Guides, you’ll get it all:
- The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2015 Edition
- The Updated DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks
- The Updated DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks
- The Updated DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks
- A Pre-Order of the 2015 DFB Guide to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and the 2014 Edition for FREE as an immediate download
- A Pre-Order of the 2015 DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays, and the 2014 Edition for FREE as an immediate download
- DFB Dining Adventures
That’s every book in our collection of critically-acclaimed DFB Guides. And with the convenient e-book format, you can load your books onto as many electronic devices as you want.
Have them at your fingertips, ready to plan and take with you into the Parks. Just download and off you go!
The DFB Everything Bundle is already a terrific bargain at well below 40% off the individual prices of the books, but we’re excited to offer you these additional savings for a limited time. Enter promo code Everything15 at checkout to take advantage of this offer. Shop in confidence, knowing that all of our DFB Guides are 100% guaranteed.
Thanks for your support of DFB!
On to the Round-Up!
WDW For Grownups offers us a glimpse into the seasonally-opened Tortuga Tavern in Magic Kingdom.
All Ears shares a mini-review of Deb’s recent experience at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
Scott Joseph’s Orlando Restaurant Guide shares the news that Chef Roger Vergé, one of the three original owners of Les Chefs de France and Bistro de Paris (now Monsieur Paul) in Epcot’s France Pavilion, passed away this week at home in Mougins, France. He was 85.