The Summer of Heroes begins on May 27th in Disney California Adventure with the grand opening of the Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction.
The celebration will run through September 10th, featuring Super Hero Encounters, the Adventures Training Initiative, and even a Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Off.
With all that going on, a hero’s gotta fuel up!
And here’s a list of where you’ll find specialty eats available throughout the Summer of Heroes (through September 10th) to do exactly that…
- Quiver of Funnel Cake Fries with mango and raspberry coulis and whipped cream
- Angry Little Pudding Cup with chocolate pudding, chocolate sandwich cookies, whipped cream and funnel cake fries
- Doughnuts (a rotating menu offered until 11 a.m.)
- Gamma-Sized Doughnut – Filled with blackberry and black currant
- The All-American Doughnut – Filled with apple and streusel topping
- Spider Bite – A cinnamon-spiced doughnut
- Local Favorite – A maple-bacon filled doughnut with maple cream
- Rocket Fuel (mocha)
- Mango Mayhem
- Strawberry Banana Breakout
- Infinity-Ade (lavender lemonade) with a glow cube
- Friendly Neighborhood Macaron – A vanilla ice cream-filled macaron
Bifrosties (Shave Ice)
- Spinal Fluid – Banana, mango coulis and chili-lime spice
- Spider Venom – Blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk
- Smash Ice – Lime and grape
- Whistle Blue – Lime, blue raspberry and blue sugar
- I am Shave Ice – Root beer and vanilla
- Ice Reactor – Strawberry and banana
- Option to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to any shave ice
- Cosmic Cocktails
- Be Brave, Be Blue (UV Blue Raspberry Bombsicle)
- Singulari-Tea (Rum Island Ice Tea)
- Lemon Lightning (Titan IPA and lemonade)
- Blasted Lemonades (Vodka with choice of lemonade)
- Breakout Beverages
- Krylorian Koolers – Non-alcoholic strawberry or watermelon lemonade
- Assorted Coca-Cola® beverages
- Battle Brews
- Nectars (wine)
- Jalapeño-Cheese Groot-Shaped Bread
- Sourdough Groot-Shaped Bread
Studio Catering Co.
- Super Hero Sized Sub – Peppered salami, Capocollo, Mortadela, Provolone Cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini and pickled onion on a hoagie roll, topped with red wine vinaigrette*
- Promising Future Falafel Pita – Chickpea fritters with pickled red cabbage, yellow bell peppers and charmoula sauce*
- Savory Strength Falafel Pita – Chickpea Fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce*
- The Milano – Fanta® orange freeze with blue cream
- Cherry Necroblaster – Cherry Coca-Cola® Freeze
- Multiverse Parfait – Chocolate cake layered with white and dark chocolate mousse and cherry jelly, topped with chocolate ganache
*Find these items at Cosmic Canteen until June 6th.
Look for Knowhere Eats to open on June 6, and find the items below at Studio Catering Co. and Cosmic Canteen until then!
- The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy – Barbacoa beef tacos with green onion slaw, purple cabbage, pickled onions, habanero salsa and green tortillas (vegetarian version also available)
- Obviously Nachos – Fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Space Outpost Tacos – Chicken street tacos with chopped cilantro and onions (vegetarian version also available)
- Mythic Michaelada
- Hot Flare Margarita (jalapeño)
- Solar Flare Margarita (watermelon)
Keep your eyes peeled for the Groot Sipper!
You’ll find him at Award Wieners, Studio Catering Co., Smokejumpers Grill and the “A Bug’s Land” Cart. The Spider Man Straw can be found at Award Wieners, Bifrosties and Studio Catering Co. And, of course, a souvenir Popcorn Bucket will be available throughout the park in honor of the new attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission – BREAKOUT!
So channel your inner hero, and get ready for some fun — and deliciousness! — at Summer of Heroes in Disney California Adventure!
Will YOU be experiencing the Summer of Heroes? Please let us know with a comment!