As many of you may know, Disney+ (Disney’s new streaming service) is launching on November 12th. And Disney has been sharing a bunch of new info on movies and shows that will be making their way to the platform.
From remakes of classic films like Lady and the Tramp to the introduction of new films like Noelle, there will be lots of content to explore. One newly announced project that will be making its way to Disney+ is One Day at Disney.
At the D23 Expo, Robin Roberts of Good Morning America announced One Day at Disney, which will be a collaboration between Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney+.
One Day at Disney
One Day at Disney
will be both a 224-page “coffee table book” and a documentary series released on December 3rd that highlights the talent of those who bring Disney to life.
According to Disney, 76 unique photo shoots took place around the world to capture the creativity of employees and Cast Members from ESPN, Shanghai Disneyland, Pixar, and beyond. Many of these photographs and the stories behind them will be featured in the new book written by Bruce Steele, which can be pre-ordered now!
Disney will also debut a 52-episode short-series called One Day at Disney. It will launch on December 3rd with a feature-length documentary. The shorts will range in length from 4-7 minutes and each will profile a different person! A new short will debut each week.
The new series will take a deeper look into the “unique and surprising roles these men and women call their daily jobs.”
“The series and documentary are from Endeavor Content’s Non-Scripted Division and executive produced by Michael Antinoro and David Chamberlin and produced by Victoria Chamlee.”
Here’s a glimpse at the docu-special lineup:
- Eric Baker: A Walt Disney Imagineer who oversaw the creation of many of the props and creatures inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Ashley Girdich: A Walt Disney Imagineer who drives plans and helps execute “innovative robotics technology” being created around the parks, as a Research and Development Project Manager.
- Eric Goldberg: “The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award-nominated short Get a Horse!”
- Mark Gonzales: A Cast Member who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
- Grace Lee: “A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy.”
- Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela: A South African actor who plays Rafiki in the Madrid production of The Lion King musical.
- Ryan Meinerding: The head of Marvel Studio’s visual development who worked on films like Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: A veterinarian who cares for many of the animals in Disney World.
- Jerome Ranft: A Pixar artist who created sculptures for animators for films like Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille.
- Robin Roberts: “The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show, Good Morning America, since 2005.”
Here’s the teaser trailer to get you even more excited about what’s to come!
This is just a glimpse at all of the stories you’ll be able to see and read about as part of One Day at Disney. Stay tuned for more updates!!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be joining Disney+? Let us know in the comments below!