If you’ve chosen to participate in the Disney Dining Plan on your Disney World vacation, then you probably already know that you get two snack credits per night of your stay, no matter whether you’re using the Quick Service, Standard, or Deluxe Dining Plan. But you may not know exactly how to use those credits once you’re in Disney World. So we’re showing you the best bang for your buck — or, rather, your snack credit — in our latest DFB YouTube Video! [Read more…]
It’s that time of year again – when we’re all eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 2018 Free Disney Dining Plan! The Free Dining offer is super popular – for good reason – and we’ve been talking about WHEN the Free Dining dates might be announced for a while now!
The Disney World Free Dining offer includes a free Disney Dining Plan with the purchase of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and ticket package. The “free” part of the name pulls you in, but just remember that you’ll be paying full price for your resort hotel room and a minimum number of ticket days when you book free dining.
We are expecting the Free Dining dates to be announced VERY soon, and today we have five tips for how to score the Free Dining offer! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is ON! We have FULL MENUS for the Epcot Flower and Garden FESTIVAL plus Photos of EVERY FOOD ITEM and most beverages!
And, the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is happening through April 12 — which is next Friday! Click here for the FULL MENUS and ALL the FOOD PHOTOS for the DCA Food and Wine Festival!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Two new and nostalgic treats at the Magic Kingdom!
- Sweet Spells is closing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We have a menu update for Toy Story Land!
- Mobile Order is coming to Disneyland Resort!
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort!
- Get the details on what alcoholic drinks are included on the Disney Dining Plan.
- We found the BEST cookie at Disney World – no park ticket required.
- What are the best hotels for families of 5 or more at Disney World?
- Check out the newest latte art at Joffrey’s!
- Disney Cruise Line announces new culinary port adventures in partnership with The Chew!
- Get the scoop on what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We found some adorable new Alice in Wonderland tea party merchandise in Epcot’s United Kingdom pavilion.
- Burger of the Month is coming to The Edison in Disney Springs.
- New DFB YouTube videos: 11 Things I Miss When I’m Not at Disney World, Hidden Secrets of Disney World Explained, Part 1, and Epcot Food and Wine Festival 101. !
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go. [Read more…]
Editor’s Note: We’ll be updating this post regularly as we learn more about how specialty, non-alcoholic drinks are being classified at Walt Disney World. If you’ve had experience with the plan, please comment below so we can add it to the post! Thanks, Disney food friends!
When the 2018 Disney Dining Plan details were released last June, many guests were excited to discover that alcoholic drinks would be included. For those who like to try adult beverages at Walt Disney World, this was an immediate way to bump up the value of the Disney Dining Plan!
But what about those guests who choose not to drink alcohol or who are under 21 years old (but still required to pay the adult price)? How can they maximize the 2018 Disney Dining Plan by imbibing in “specialty beverages” promised by the new DDP?
Update: See below for information about recently-announced 2018 Free Dining for Kids!
It’s that time of year again – time to start placing your bets on when the 2018 Free Disney Dining Plan will be announced. We all know how popular free dining has become in recent years and we’re betting that this year won’t be any different!
The Disney World free dining offer includes a free Disney Dining Plan with the purchase of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and ticket package. The “free” part of the name pulls you in, but just remember that you’ll be paying full price for your resort hotel room when you book free dining. And this year – for the first time ever – alcohol is included in the Disney Dining Plan, which might be a game changer as far as the offer is concerned!
In the past, free dining was announced for less crowded (non-peak) times during the year – late summer, early fall, and early winter (before the holiday season). But let’s be honest, there’s really no such thing as a non-peak season anymore. So if an offer comes out this year, we’re expecting the options will include more summer dates. [Read more…]
Starting today, when the My Disney Experience app is updated, guests will be able to use their Disney Dining Plan credits to pay for Counter Service meals and snacks that they’ve ordered using Mobile Order! [Read more…]
Happy New Year!
There’s no denying that 2017 has been a year of changes, some good and some not-so-good. But when it comes to Disney food news, we have to say this year has been FULL of updates!
And as we get ready to ring in the New Year with party hats, noisemakers, and a toast, we’re taking a few minutes to review some of the biggest Disney Food News stories of 2017!
Let’s go! [Read more…]
BIG NEWS TODAY! Booking is now open for 2018 Disney World vacation packages…but this year specialty beverages — including alcoholic drinks for guests 21-and-over and milkshakes and other options for guests of any age — are available with the 2018 Disney Dining Plans.
You may already be well aware that booking a Disney World Vacation Package (also called the Magic Your Way package) means you’re eligible to add the Disney Dining Plan to your vacation.
But with Disney Dining Plan pricing changes, alcohol being added to the plans, and more, we’ve got a lot to chat about today.
But first, an overview… Just click any of the links below for full details for the 2018 Plans (and keep an eye on the pages for pricing updates, too!)
2018 Disney Dining Plans and Updated Prices
Quick Service Dining Plan
Entitlements for the 2018 Quick Service Dining Plan include the following for each guest (ages 3 and over) per night of your package stay:
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! We hope you’re enjoying a wonderful and relaxing weekend with the family! Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and check out the latest in Disney food news…
We’re celebrating Dad’s Day with a huge sale at the DFB Store! Shop today and get 30% off EVERY DFB Guide in the store! Use code DadsDay at checkout!
The 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts in August this year and you can check out all the details here and pre-order our DFB Guide to the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival here (and get the 2016 guide FREE!).
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Mobile Order is coming to five quick service restaurants at the Magic Kingdom!
- Will alcohol be included in the 2018 Disney Dining Plan? It’s possible!
- Check out our food hack for a Mickey Ear Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich.
- We stopped by Kaki Gori for some cool treats in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion.
- A new Frozen Ever After Sparkling Dessert Party is coming to Epcot.
- Disney’s Dolphin Hotel is getting a new lobby bar and quick service restaurant!
- Taste Track in Epcot is now serving giant Ice Cream Sundaes!
- The Gone Mad Party with Fireworks Viewing has returned to Disney’s Grand Floridian.
- We reviewed all the new Summer of Heroes eats and drinks at Disney California Adventure.
- The Halloween and Christmas fireworks dessert parties are open for booking!
- We reviewed Wolfgang Puck’s Grand Cafe at Disney Springs.
- Check out this recipe for The Chew’s Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We reviewed the sweets at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland.
- New DFB YouTube videos have all the details on the Ultimate Funnel Cakes in Disneyland and Disney World, New Menu Items at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner,
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re talking about the new menu items at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Check it out below — and subscribe here!
Deal of the Week: Save on The 2017 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book Second Edition!
To celebrate this milestone — the first time we’ve shared a second edition — and to say thank you to all of our loyal DFB readers – you can order the Second Edition for 20% OFF your purchase with code SAVE2017!
Why a Second Edition, You Ask?
The internet is buzzing with a new rumor that a VERY significant change might be in the works for the 2018 Disney Dining Plan. Will alcoholic beverages be included with Dining Plan meal credits?
According to the British Disney fan site, The Dibb, “Guests will now [Editor’s Note: as of January 1, 2018] be able to enjoy a choice of either one speciality non-alcoholic or alcoholic* (over 21s only) beverage to accompany each meal.”
If this is correct, those who do not imbibe — due either to age or preference — would be eligible to receive a single serving specialty drink such as an Artisanal Milkshake, Fresh Smoothie, Premium Hot Chocolate, or Soda, Coffee, or Tea. (Presumably, sodas would still receive refills as always, though the post did not state that specifically.) [Read more…]