We’ve been enjoying all kinds of holiday treats and sweets around Walt Disney World’s theme parks and resorts!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We checked out the Halloween Time eats at Award Weiners!
- Frontera Cocnia is celebrating Mexico’s Día de la Independencia.
- New Kudu Cookie Sandwiches at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodg!
- Earl of Sandwich reopens for a limited time at Disneyland!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is cashless — what does that mean?
- New pizza on the menu at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- Check out the newest “cocktails” at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room testing vegan fishless fish and chips.
- We spotted a Disney Skyliner gondola IN one of the stations!
- Are Oreo Bon Bons back at the clam bake at Cape May Cafe?
- We’re talking about all the Halloween Time eats at Disney California Adventure’s Cozy Cone.
- Check out the pumpkin spice paradise we found at Flo’s V-8 Cafe.
- New morning tea experience at Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room!
- We have details on the new Tailgate Tasting at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We checked out all the Halloween Time treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Reuben Spring Rolls have arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out the change in the pizza dough at Disney Resorts.
- There’s a new menu item at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
- We tried the new Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Halloween Hot Dog at the Refreshment Corner in Disneyland!
- We reviewed the Haunted Firehouse Chicken Sandwich at Halloween Time.
- Breakfast options announced for Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- Check out the hidden gems at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- We have details on the price changes and expansions for the Minnie Vans.
- We reviewed California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted new Halloween Time eats at the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Check out the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Halloween Time!
- You’ve got to see the Churro Cereal Bites Sundae at Disneyland’s Hungry Bear Restaurant!
- Check out the menu changes at Light Lab at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on new eats, merchandise, and more at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the Halloween Time eats at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Will you choose the Chosen One dessert at Saratoga Springs?
- New passholder discount available at two Disney Springs locations.
- We loved the Bacon Mac and Cheese French Fries in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the September Burger of the Month at The Edison.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland is home to some great Halloween Time eats!
- We checked out everything NEW at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- We spotted Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls in Disney Springs.
- We were live at Halloween Time at Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Disney Snacks Ranked!, 11 Reasons Why Your Next Disney Trip Will be Awesome, Disney World Food Tour – Everything to Eat at the Value Resorts, and Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked!
Sadly, they were removed from the menu several years ago, and while they could often be found in packaged at the Beach Club Marketplace, it just wasn’t the same. But today, we have good news for all you Oreo Bon Bon fans! [Read more…]
Did you know, did you know? We love some Disney snacks around here. 🙂
And part of the reason that we love them so much is that we know that you do, too! In fact, I’m 100% confident that I could spend an entire vacation in the ‘World and sustain myself on snacks alone.
And that’s why I dedicate a lot of real estate in the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining to offering you pictures and details about snacks in all four corners of Walt Disney World.
And if that’s not enough for you, I’ve also written guides dedicated to the snacks in each Park as well as special events happening throughout the year — which, believe it or not, usher forth their own seasonally-themed treats. You can discover it all in our DFB Guide Everything Bundle.
But more about that in a minute. Right now, let’s look at one of my favorite lists: Must-Eat Snacks in Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. The list comes to you courtesy of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining. And if you like what you see, check out our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018 Second Edition. With more than 650 pages of information, we leave no Disney Food topic uncovered!
But let’s get back to that list. 🙂 Time to check ’em out!
There are many reasons to head to the Cape May Cafe at Disney’s Beach Club — good food and fun character interactions, to name just a few.
The yummy little treat is made of an Oreo cookie base, topped with cookies and cream mousse, and enrobed in chocolate with a chocolate fudge ganache garnish on top. It’s delicious, and has been a Disney fan cult favorite for years!
So when we started hearing reports of its disappearance from the Cape May Cafe dessert buffet, we were just as shocked and sad as you were!
But I’ve got good news for all of us today! The treat is back! You can now find Oreo Bon Bons [Read more…]
I’m not sure about you, but one of my favorite ways to break my diet is with an OCP or an Oreo (or seven). So it’s exciting to see so many wonderful sandwich cookies mixed into the Magic of Disney! Here are a few of my favorite spots for sandwich cookies…
Cape May Cafe Oreo Bon Bons
Nowhere before has the casual Oreo been elevated to such a haute status. The Cape May Cafe Oreo Bon Bon — a confection built upon an Oreo sandwich cookie — has been a staple at the Cape May Cafe evening Clam Bake for years and has risen to minor cult status among Disney fans.
Climb-able Sandwich Cookie
Trust me, you’ve never seen a sandwich cookie this big! Nestled between a massive paper clip and a pile of dirt, this one might not exactly be appetizing, but it sure is interesting. You’ll find it [Read more…]
Big, huge thanks to Cody, who writes the fantastic Global Disney Pinvestigation Blog, for this guest review of the Cape May Cafe Clambake in Disney World’s Beach Club Resort. (Psst: I won’t blame you for scrolling down to the pic of the Oreo bon-bons first.) Take it away, Cody!
The Cape May Café is hard to miss in its central location in the lobby of Disney’s Beach Club Resort. I went to the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe several years ago, but have never been to the Clambake, which I have always been told was great. So, this year, for my Dad’s Birthday, he decided he wanted to try it out (all of my reviews seem to be of birthday meals :)).
We had a “big party” of seven people, and when [Read more…]