A few days ago, it was announced that a stay-at-home order could go into effect in Southern California.
Ever since Disney Springs reopened on May 20th, more and more restaurants have been opening back up.
But today, we noticed one previously opened establishment was strangely CLOSED!
There certainly are some interesting situations arising in the travel market as a result of the global health crisis.
Perhaps the two most notable of these situations are the changes to the way that air travel works and the temporary and permanent closures that are currently affecting the tourism industry. We’re taking a look at how such massive effects could impact YOUR next Disney vacation and giving some tips to help. Let’s dive in.
The Re-Open Florida Task Force has been meeting this week to determine the best protocols to recommend to the different business sectors in the state.
Today, one of the discussion topics was the best ways to reopen restaurants (which has been discussed in previous meetings) for small-businesses, chains, and beyond. We’re wondering how we might see these recommendations take effect for dining in Disney World. So, here are some of the protocols that were suggested during today’s Task Force meeting!
We will update this post as we get more information.
On March 27th, Disney World announced that the parks would remain closed “until further notice.”
While we don’t have any official word from Disney on a projected reopening date for the parks, we did notice something interesting on the reservations site. This might give us a clue about Disney’s current thinking on the timeline for reopening.
With the debut of new menus at some of our favorite Disney restaurants, the start of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and even more details about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, the news has been filled with yummy eats and treats!
Leave us a comment below with your thoughts on the latest news!
Disney Food News
Alrighty! Let’s dig into these new menus and updates, shall we??
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort features a new menu at Beaches and Cream!
- Whispering Canyon Cafe also has menu changes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
- Argentina, Ireland, and New Zealand seem to have NEW or updated construction in their Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths this year! Don’t forget to check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Index for all the latest news!
- Check out the Map for the 2012 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and learn about options for special diet treat exchange!
- Grand Floridian chefs have introduced new menu items at the Beach Pool Bar in Walt Disney World!
We’ve got more food news (including restaurant closure updates, Chase Lounge for Disney Visa cardholders at Food and Wine Festival, Disneyland and Disney World serving Frank & Weenies and Franken-Fusion Lemonade, and LOTS more) on our Disney Food News Pin Board!
Disney Food Blog “Focus on Epcot” Sale!
The 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts on FRIDAY, and this coming weekend is also a special celebration for one of our favorite parks — Epcot! So we’re counting down to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival with fabulous savings on our Epcot eBooks!
This Festival bundle packs together our DFB Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food & Wine Festival AND the The DFB Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks for $3 off using code THIRTY.
In addition, we are offering a discount on the DFB Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival — use code COUNTDOWN to get $3 off this week! Time to get planning if you’re headed to the Festival!
Wondering if the books are any good? Check out our latest reviews!
We’d like to thank Adventures By Daddy for the glowing review – “Like the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival itself, AJ Wolfe’s e-book is comprehensive, but presented in an easy, “digestible” way. The e-book has a gorgeous compendium of photos, and is a great way to experience and relive the festival once you return.”
In addition, we appreciate the positive review given by Running At Disney. “Last year I got the DFB Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival e-Book and it was a life saver! The book features a full, daily schedule of events for each day of the 46-day festival. This level of detail, organized by day, can’t be found anywhere else online or in print.”
On to the Round-Up
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups
looks at the benefits of a Tables in Wonderland membership for restaurant savings.
AKL Resort has information about Sundown Mingles for Disney Vacation Club members at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Daveland shows us Walt’s apartment including his mini-kitchenette.
Main Street Gazette shows us the vintage concept for the never-built Scandinavia pavilion in Epcot which would have included a smorgasbord restaurant and sidewalk bakery.
Eating and Drinking Around the World finds a Perry the Platypus sugar cookie pop in Epcot!
The Walt Disney World Restaurant Tour visits the 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood studios.
Disney Parks Blog celebrates Oktoberfest at the Biergarten with an interview with the Epcot musicians.
We’ve got a few more sneak peeks at Be Our Guest restaurant! This brand new restaurant will be opening later this year in Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland!
Disney Food News
In the news since our last round-up…
- The Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Jiko has announced a Wine Dinner for August 16th!
- Halloweeny “Goth Goodies” introduced to Disney Parks candy shops.
- Select restaurants at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort have begun a Dining Passport Loyalty Program to reward frequent visitors.
- Check out the Be Our Guest Restaurant Rose Motif. Click the link to see more pics from the restaurant.
We’ve got more food news (including NEW Citricos Wine Dinners, a new food spot in the New Fantasyland, restaurant closure updates, and LOTS more) on our Disney Food News Pin Board!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Updates
We’ve been reporting all of the details about the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival marketplace booth menus and food photos
- Details on special events dates and prices
- And HGTV seminars
- Read all about the Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic, taking place Oct. 12-13!
DFB Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Coming Soon!
And with the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival rapidly approaching, we’ll have all the info you need to make sure you get the best value from the 2012 festival!
Our DFB Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book is coming soon!
Of course, we’ve included a few bonus items for you! Let’s take a look at a few of them…
- A full, daily schedule of events for every day of the festival
- Brand new World Showcase booth crawls for this year’s menus
- Food and Wine Festival customized Touring Strategies for visiting [Read more…]
Welcome to this week’s Disney Food Post Round-Up! The big news this week is our extensive coverage of the new Landscapes of Flavor Food Court in Walt Disney World’s Art of Animation Resort!
We also got a sneak peek at the brand new Ghirardelli chocolate shop and ice cream store in Disney California Adventure! More about that next week…
Disney Food News
Here’s the latest news in the Disney Food world!
- Take an amazing Food Photo Tour of the Art of Animation Resort Landscape of Flavors Food Court
- Check out the Art of Animation Resort’s Kitchenettes and Room Service Menu
- We’ve got a colorful Photo Tour of the Animal Kingdom’s New Sundowner Celebration
- Get a sneak peek of Mortimer’s Market on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure
- Great news! Disney World’s Pinocchio Village Haus now offers Flatbreads!
- Keep cool this summer with a budget-friendly Ice Pop Stand in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion
- A fun new cheshire cat caramel apple has shown up in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney!
We’ve got more food news (including restaurant closures and refurbishments) on our Disney Food News Pin Board, where Disney Food News is updated on a regular basis!
Last Chance! Enter to Win our DFB Guide Contest!
Today is the last day to enter our Disney Food Blog contest! Simply send a picture or video showing us a fun Disney trip memory, then let us know how one of our Disney Food Blog Dining Guide e-Books helped make that memory happen!
The winner will receive a DFB Guide of their choice, as well as a special surprise gift!
Send your pictures or videos to [email protected] TODAY to be entered!
On to the Round-Up
takes a look at coffee in the Disney parks, with a small focus on Starbucks coming on board.
WESH 2 Orlando features an article about where to find a great beer in Disney World! (And I got to write it!)
Disney Tourist Blog gears up to offer great photographic coverage of the new Cars Land in Disney California Adventure.
Main Street Gazette samples the chilled summer roll at Animal Kingdom.
Disney Travel Babble has some brand new coverage, info, and photos about Disney cake ordering.
AllEars.Net reports detailed info about the Animal Kingdom Sundowner Celebration.
Coaster Radio Podcast has a whole episode about Disney food!! Guess who got to chat with Mike and E.B. this week?!
The New York Times covers Disney’s pledge to cease junk food advertising to kids on it’s TV channels starting in 2015.
Disney Parks Blog features this great video about how to make the delicious Brussels Sprouts at Kouzzina!